Friday, April 1, 2011

Classics

I'm gonna do y'all a favor. Play these fo' yo' woman. She'll appreciate, and who knows...

It strikes me that there's so much soul music and we're not constantly listenin' to it. (it's all on youtube)

Bill Withers-Ain't no sunshine, Use me, Lean on me

Sam Cooke-Touch the hem of his garment, Lovable, (I love you) For sentimental reasons, Win your love for me, Jesus gave me water, A Change is gonna come, You send me, Bring it on home to me, Wonderful world, Chain gang, Only Sixteen, Sad mood,

George Benson-Turn your love around, This masquerade,

Ray Charles-Greenbacks, I got a woman, The sun's gonna shine again, Roll with my baby, It should have been me, Losing hand, Mess Around, Feelin' Sad, Ray's blues, Rockhouse (1&2), I believe to my soul,

Al Green-Let's stay together, Love and happiness,

p.s.-damn, this reminds me, listen to jazz: Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, Bill Evans, Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday,

blues: B. B. King, Albert King, Elmore James, Muddy Waters, J. B. Hutto, Bessie Smith, Blind Willie Johnson, Joe Carter (Treat me the way you do), Black Ace, John Lee Hooker, Earl Hooker, Canned Heat, Jimmy Reed, Lightnin' Hopkins, Son HouseMississippi John Hurt, Mississippi Fred McDowell,  
Junior Wells, Otis Spann (Blues never die), John Mayall, Sonny Boy Williamson, Slim Harpo, Robert Johnson, Robert Cray,

No comments:

Post a Comment