Thursday, March 31, 2011

Gift Raps

Datpiff.com has recently been promoting, Chip tha Ripper, a rapper whose album art style resembles that of 'Family Guy.' It had received a lot of good ratings so I gave it a listen.Though his association with self-obsessed hipster rapper Kid Cudi makes me nauseous and although, given Rick Ross' current overexposure, I had a hard time listening to Chip without thinking of Ross, I gotta say this chubby Cleveland rapper deserves his own place. Here's why: 'U.A.F.', for the hook 'and if you're hands ain't up, it's probably because you broke or you ugly as fuck', 'Dynoman' for Chuck Inglish's wonderful TRON-sounding instrumentals and 'Jumanji', which portrays a violent Cleveland where 'the sun always hide behind them clouds' and you need to 'get yo kids in the house, it's about to go down.' Chip's response: 'roll the windows down and get to bustin', I don't give a fuck about too much of nuthin''.

No comments:

Post a Comment